Living a simple and laid-back life in the city!




Sunday, March 14, 2010

~ A Little Corner ~

Hello Ladies! After a busy but very nice weekend, full of things to do and organize here in the house, Nick and I decided about the projects that has to be done. Little by little it's getting the way we like it, and it's been wonderful to be able to do this ourselves. Yes, he is a big helper here in this process as well, 'cause I'm not very good with making holes in wood, nailing, etc. So, when I finish painting, distressing, he does the rest! Some of my work is about Nick and I, and I'm so glad he enjoys helping me. It's also a time we can be together, talk about our plans while the kids are entertaining themselves.
Tomorrow I'll be painting the biggest furniture I ever have, so I'm quite excited to start and can't wait to show you guys the results.
After I finish a few more things we have in my"studio", I'll go paint the kitchen cabinets, the two bathrooms, and we also decided to redo the kids rooms. So, this is going to be a big challenge for me here in the next few weeks, as we set a time to finish all by the end of April. Finally we'll have an Open House and don't worry, I'll put all the shots in just one post, which I'll call OPEN HOUSE! Isn't it exciting?
I also want to start my week saying thanks to all of you who have been following me and leaving such wonderful comments. Writing in English is kind of new for me, as I've never done it before. Only little notes, stuff like that. So, yes, thanks Girls for your understanding and for your patience! This is a wonderful opportunity for me to practice and get in touch with the world!
Going back to the job...
Here is a little table I finished and added new pull rings. I lightly distressed it and I'll show you how to do this easy "distressing" thing in the next post! I'm quite sure you all know already!

Stay tuned...


I got the ring pulls at Lee Valley. They cost only $2.80 each, and the table a bought through Kijiji, for $10.



A bit of distressing here and there...

This little corner in our living room needed a makeover!
I'm so happy I finally did it!



And that's the table before:

It eels so good to have one more thing done...
I wish you all a lovely, but lovely beginning of the week!

:-) Li

7 comments:

Tina said...

Li, you have done a fantastic job on this cupboard!!! It looks so gorgeous and I can't believe it only cost you $10!! Beautiful job:) ~ Tina xx

angela walker jewelry said...

I love it Li, It is my favorite post so far! It doesn't even look anything like the original piece... What a transformation!
Health and happiness to you and yours,
Angela
PS. I decided to start a jewelry blog.. Not sure how it is going to turn out (grin...)
http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

Janice said...

The cupboard looks perfect! I often see those pieces in thrift stores and have always wondered how they would look painted white. It's beautiful. I love Lee Valley hardware.

Deb said...

Hi Li, sounds like you will be very busy for a while! I love your bedroom photo, can hardly wait for your open house. Deb

Selina said...

the drawers look beautiful in white, well done! love your pic of the whites on the line, I can almost smell the freshness in the wind!

Kacey said...

Just found you via Dreamy Whites. I love what you're doing with the furniture! My husband and I are actually starting to sell pieces we've done because I keep acquiring so much furniture. It's always fun to find others with similar interests!

Ness Lockyer said...

I love the things you pick up Li. I really need to pull my finger out and finish off mine.
Ness xx