Living a simple and laid-back life in the city!




Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ruffle Flower

Good Day Ladies,
I've been working a lot in the cabinets here and at night, when is quiet around, I like to do small projects, as this flower I did with left over cotton I had. To not throw the tiny piece of fabric out, I did this ruffle flower to attach on a pillow, purse, blouse, wherever with like it! it's so simple to do it. But I didn't take any pictures of it, but I'll do it next time, when I'll make more.
Now, I'm thinking also about making a big one, the same size of a pillow, and make a round pillow! I'll try it for sure! The crochet flower I have done a long ago, when mom thought me how to, but right now I'm more into sewing. Maybe in the future...
I'm glad I didn't post this one yesterday, because this morning, when the kids had gone to school and i was having my coffee and checking email, blog, etc, I decided to take a look on some blogs I love to visit, and coincidentally, Tina, from Rubies Place has posted one very similar to this. Well, I love that lady! Don't you? Everything she does, how she treats us, absolutely everything about Tina and her Blog. I'm so glad (and I'm sure you all are too!) to have found her and has Tina as a friend! She is creative, sweet, amazing Mom and woman! What I found so interesting is even though we are so far away, we have so much in common. Not only Tina, but many women I've met through blogging!
I love to see how creative people around the world are, using their imagination, even with a little piece of fabric, plastic, wood...
This is for you Tina and all the women I've met here!I wish I could give you all a BIG HUG as a compliment for all the creativity things you all have been doing. And until I can write and do this, I'll be eternally grateful for meeting you all!
Have a lovely day and weekend for some of you!
Li

13 comments:

Razmataz said...

Hi Li. Ruffles are everywhere. I saw Tina's post as well. You are right she is so lovely. She has earned every one of her followers as she responds to all comments and takes a personal interest in every blog she follows. I love her. I just found a great blog call Lady Pamela's cottage and she was sewing ruffles too. Here is the link for her, I thought you would like it.
http://ladypamelascottage.blogspot.com/2010/04/sew-much-fun.html

Love your ruffly flower and the crochetted one. I just picked up a huge crochet blanket from goodwill-I am starting to be a real fan.

Have a great day over in the ruffle capital of Alberta!

Stina said...

I like it! Very nice.:-) Hug Stina

Deb said...

Very nice flowers. You are one talented lady!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I love these Fabric Flowers and hope to learn how to make them one of these days.Great job! ~Cheers Kim

Tina said...

Hi Li!! Thank you so very much for your kind words, you are so lovely! I love both of your sweet flowers and I really like how you have attached them to a bag - so cute!! I think you are the creative one my dear, I gain so much inspiration from you and your gorgeous creations. Thank you for always being so willing to share your talents with us all - we are the lucky ones for having you as our friend sweet Li!! Wishing you a wonderful day as always my dear friend ~ Tina xx

Anne said...

The flowers are so sweet! I love the luster of the white rose, having recently been working with linen. Thanks for sharing.
Anne

wendy from the Land of The Long White Cloud NZ said...

Li send me an email i can help you.....your email address is not listed on your profile page so i need you to get in touch with me.....thanks

Patty said...

Those flowers looks so great, thanks for sharing!

Ange said...

Demo please Li! What a gorgeous flower. How do you fray the edges, do you just tear the fabric? See I really do need a demo, pleeeeze.
Angex

Janice said...

Hi Li! These flowers look great, I love them on the bag. And I love your framed board in the background too. Would you believe we got snow here too? I hope it warms up for the weekend!
Janice

angela walker jewelry said...

Li, I love your little ruffles! The shower curtain, the pillows and now this simple little flower!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Health and happiness to you,
Angela
http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

Little Emma English Home said...

Hi Li, thank you so much for your kind visit and comment. I had already visited your blog attracted by the beautiful name, now I'm a follower too...

Have a nice Sunday!!
Hugs, Zaira

Flowers delivery china said...

The flowers are looking great..
i like it.thank u very much for sharing this.