Living a simple and laid-back life in the city!




Friday, January 29, 2010

FRIDAY, RECYCLE DAY!!!

It's been a few days that I haven't post anything here. The truth is: I've been quite busy this week and didn't have much time to work on my projects. Maybe I will find some on the weekend or so...and I can't find my sander!!!! Which makes me frustrated, so I'm working on other things at the moment.
But I thought it would be interesting to show this little "recycle" project I did a week ago. It is indeed the easiest thing I've ever done!
Since we got two cute little puppies 5 months ago, we had to start buying food for them and some come in cans. I am not a big fan of canned food, but these seam to be very tasty! Alice & Jasper love it! But, what to do with the cans? Recycle, of course! And how about save some empty cans for future projects??? That's exactly what I did. I still have some in the garage for further creations, but I spray a few with white paint and they turned out so cute that I've been using them as little vases to put flowers in it. Others, I left them plain!
Here are the final result:





So, before you get rid of them(or if you do Recycle, Recycle them!) think twice! You may always find something interesting to do with things we can't even imagine...


Have an awesome weekend!

:-) Li

2 comments:

liene said...

Ooo my i love too cans i use them for knitting needles ...

Comeca Jones said...

What a cool idea! Glad I found your blog its so sweet and real not full of ads and things that seem to take away from a blogs personal side.I will be back!